It’s time for winter maintenance and here are some tips to keep your home safe and lower costs of repair when problems occur.
- Check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. If your detectors &/or batteries are old – replace them and make use to put the date of installation.
- Service the HVAC units – you should be doing this every season. Also, replace your air filters.
- Inspect your fireplaces and chimney. Use a qualified professional. Usually they can clean out your dryer and air vents as well.
- Check the roof and clear out debris from gutters. Replace missing shingles.
- Check your ceilings for water stains – inside the home and garage.
- Check caulking and weather stripping on doors and windows.